Although they may not be direct siblings, the Redmi 10x series can be seen as a series with smartphones bearing features that would have made for a more enjoyable experience with the smartphones in the Redmi Note 9 series. This fact is majorly evident with the likes of Redmi 10x 5G and the Redmi 10x pro 5G, which debuted as one of the cheapest 5G smartphones around. In this article, you will learn how to unlock the innate potentials of this smartphone series by learning how to Root Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G, 10x 5G, and 10x Pro 5G.
The way rooting helps you to unlock the innate potentials of a smartphone is by helping you break the embargo that’s placed on them by the OEMs. Ideally, these embargos were put in place, to prevent curious enthusiasts from getting access to certain parts of their smartphone software. The procedure outlined in this article will allow you to gain root access on your Xiaomi Redmi 10x device. However before you can dive into the tutorial, there are some requirements you must meet.
- A battery charge of at least 70%
- Full backup of all your files
- Unlocked Bootloader (Tutorial will be provided in this article)
- Download Mi Unlock Tool on your computer
- Dowload ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer
How To Unlock the Redmi 10x 4G, 10x 5G, and 10x Pro 5G Bootloader
Rooting your mobile phone may be a prerequisite to gaining access to its innate software potentials, however, there is a prior prerequisite you must meet before you can proceed to root your mobile phone. That prerequisite is an Unlocked bootloader.
The Bootloader is a system that governs the processes that go when your mobile phone is booted. Having a locked bootloader means you will only be able to install apps when your device is rooted, which is sort of reproach, considering the fact that we need to modify some of the stock settings.
The fact that smartphones in the Redmi 10x series come with a locked bootloader, means we need to employ extra efforts before we proceed with the root process. Below is a comprehensive procedure to unlock the bootloader on the Redmi 10x 4G, 10x 5G, and 10x Pro 5G.
1. Enable developer options on your mobile phone by navigating through settings > About phone > continuously tap on the MIUI version until you get the message that developer options have been enabled.
2. Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging by Navigating through Additional Settings > Developer options > Now look for OEM Unlocking and USB debugging and enable both of them.
3. Adding your Redmi 10x device to Mi Unlock Status: Navigate through Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlock status and then proceed to add your Mi account to your Redmi 10X
4. Now Unzip the MiFlash Unlock tool zip file downloaded you downloaded on your computer
5. From the Unzipped folder run the MiUsbDriver.exe program, which will install the required USB driver
6. From the folder, also run the miflash_unlock.exe program
7. Now sign or sign your Mi Account with the required particulars
8. Verify the requested permissions
9. Boot your device into fast boot mode and proceed to connect it to your computer using a USB cable. : Hold Volume Down and Power button together to boot into fast boot mode. You are to keep holding the button combo until fast boot appears.
10. Now click on the unlock button that appears on the Mi Unlock tool on your computer, to begin the bootloader unlock process
11. Wait for the bootloader process to complete
How To Install TWRP Recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G, 10x 5G, and 10x Pro 5G
- Download TWRP and extract TWRP on your computer
- Install the ADB and Fastboot utilities
- Power off your smartphone
- Now boot your smartphone into fast boot mode, holding the Volume Down + Power button together until it boots into recovery mode
- Proceed to open the ADB folder on your computer
- Select the address bar in the ADB file
- Type CMD in the address bar and hit the enter button
- Now type this line of command with the quotes and hit enter “fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.x-xx.img“
- Also run this “fast boot flash misc misc.bin” on CMD
- Finally wait for the fast boot command to finish installing the TWRP and reboot
Rooting the Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G, 10x 5G, and 10x Pro 5G Using SuperSU
- Download SuperSU Zip and Download No verity opt encrypt.zip to the internal storage of your smartphone
- Power off your smartphone
- Boot into recovery mode by holding Volume Down + Power button
- Now select install and navigate to where you stored the SuperSU.zip file
- proceed to tap the install button to install SuperSU
- Now tap the install button again and navigate to where you stored the No verity opt encrypt.zip
- Install and reboot your device
- Enjoy your rooted Xiaomi Redmi 10x device
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to root the Xiaomi Redmi 10x 4G, 10x 5G, and 10x pro 5G. If you have any questions or contributions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.