The Xiaomi Redmin Note 9 Pro succeeds the Redmi Note 8 Pro, offering a more capable smartphone hardware alongside an improved chassis design. It features an Octa-core Snapdragon 720G processor, 4GB / 6GB RAM, penta cameras, a 5020mAh battery and an 18W fast charge. The Redmi Note 9 Pro offers these specs for a price that places it in the category of one of the best valued mid-range smartphone.
In this article on how to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro, I will take you through the steps needed for you to gain root access on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro, which will in-turn give you developer access. You will be able to install a custom ROM, edit build prop, tweak processing speed and do lots more.
Before you go ahead to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro device, you must complete the following actions below:
- Create an Mi account
- Unlock your Boot loader (see the full tutorial on how to unlock your bootloader below).
- Make sure that your device has about 70% charge and not the type that drains quickly. Else, connect the device to a power outlet once the rooting process is initiated.
How To Unlock The Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro Bootloader
Unlocking your Boot loader is a bridge you must cross before you can go ahead to root your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 pro. Embedded in your boot loader, is a system that hinders activities like rooting. Your boot loader kicks off immediately your phone is booted, so it’s impossible to bypass it unless you get it unlocked. However the steps to unlocking the boot loader of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro isn’t much of a chore. All it requires are the steps outlined below:
1. Create an MI account: To create an MI account, open your Settings app > Scroll down > Click on MI account > Sign Up. Please note that of you didn’t create an MI account, you will have to wait 7 days before you can proceed to unlock the Boot loader.
3. Navigate to settings > Click on about phone > continuously tap on MIUI Version until developers option is enabled
3. Navigate through Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options
4. Enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging
5. Open developer option and click on MI Unlock
6. Turn of your smartphone
7. Boot into Fast-boot mode: Long press Volume Down + Power button together. Release both buttons when the Mi Bunny image appears.
8. Make sure your computer is connected to the internet and then launch the MI Unlock tool on your computer
9. Now wait for the Mi Unlock tool to detect your phone
10. Click the Unlock button ones it has detected
11. Wait for the Boot loader unlock process to complete
Note: If the process stops at %99 it means you have wait for a few days after and then will retry this procedure.
How To Root Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro with Magisk
1. Download and extract the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro fast boot firmware on your computer
2. Copy the boot.img file from the firmware downloaded to your PC and then send it to your smartphone
3. Download ans install Magisk Manager on your smartphone
4. Launch the Magisk Manager app
5. Click on the install button within the app and then Install Magisk
6. Click on “select and patch a file” and then select the boot.img you copied to your smartphone storage
7. wait for the patch process to complete and then copy the Magisk_patched.img or patched_boot_img file to C:\adb folder on your computer
8. Boot into Fast-boot mode: Long press Volume Down + Power button together. Release both buttons when the Mi Bunny image appears.
9. Now connect your smartphone to your computer via a USB cable
10. Goto the C:\adb location and replace the location tab with CMD and press enter. Its going to open command prompt
11. Type fastboot devices in the command prompt and hit enter. This will should return some ID
12. Now type fastboot flash boot boot.img and hit enter to begin the root process
13. Wait for root process to complete and then reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 pro device.
Wrapping it Up:
Now that you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro device, you can now proceed to explore your new privileges. However, if for some reason, you couldn’t successfully root your device, feel free to drop your concerns in the comment section below.