One of the perks of using a smart TV and also possibly the main drive behind your decision to own a Smart TV is its modularity. Unlike regular TVs, smart TVs allow enthusiasts to install apps, which is aimed at improving their viewing experience. This article provides a comprehensive tutorial on how to add apps to a smart TV. This tutorial will cater to the needs of those that face difficulty with installing apps on their smart TVs.
The process of installing apps on smart TVs are particularly dependent on the operating system that’s running on the smart TV. However, the system is basically the same as you will be installing the app from the app store available on the TV. So basically you will need to learn how to navigate to the app store to download apps.
This article doesn’t totally exhaust the method of adding apps on all Smart TVs, however, this touches some of the most popular smart TV platforms.
Adding Apps To Samsung Smart TVs
As mentioned earlier, the process necessarily involves finding the app store, after which you are to perform the necessary navigations to gain access to the app needed. The steps to adding apps to Samsung smart TVs are outlined below:
- Connect the Samsung smart TV to the internet via WiFi or internet hotsports
- Locate and press the home button that’s on the remote control
- Use the remote to select apps from the menu
- Now scroll through the app categories and proceed to select one of them. (Categories with tags reading such thing as “what’s new“, ” most popular“)
- Browse for the app by either scrolling through the list or typing the app name on the search bar
- now select the app and proceed to install the app, which will then be added to your app menu
Adding Apps To LG Smart TVs
- Press the home button on the remote
- Select the LG content store from the list on the homepage ( Please note that some LG TV models, require you to select More Apps from the home screen before you’re able to select the LG Content Store)
- Now navigate to the app section on the LG content store
- Use the search bar to locate the app you desire to add to your LG smart TV
- Now select the app and click install
- Waiting for installation to complete and click launch or navigate to the home screen to use the app downloaded
Adding Apps To Smart TVs with Built Chromecast
Aside from Smart TVs running on their own native platforms, there are Smart TVs that run with built-in Chromecast, which gives them SmartTV features. Some of these Smart TV brands include Sharp, Sony, Toshiba, Philips, Polaroid, Skyworth, and Soniq, and lots more. Below are the steps to take when adding apps on these particular Smart TV models.
- Depending on the platform your smartphone runs, launch either the Google Playstore or the iTunes app store and proceed to select and install an available Chromecast-enabled app.
- Launch the Chromecast app that’s downloaded on your smartphone and proceed to hit the cast button
- You can now proceed to cast the apps on your smartphone to your smart TV
Adding Apps To Android Smart TVs
Adding apps to smart TVs that are running on Android platform is pretty much the same way you would do on a smartphone or tablet running the Android operating system. They all make use of the Google Playstore. However, in order to add apps to Android Smart TVs, you should follow the steps outlined below in the right order:
- launch the home screen and proceed to select the Google Playstore
- To get apps, you can either click the get more apps button or use the search icon/bar
- Now select and click on install to add the app to your Android Smart TV
- Finally, you can access the app from the apps page on your apps list
Adding Apps to Roku TVs
Aside from Smart TVs with built-in Chrome Cast, we also have Smart TVs with built-in Roku, which offers enthusiasts the Roku services, without having to purchase a separate stick or box. The Smart Tv brands you are likely going to find with built-in Roku include Element, Hisense, Hitachi, Insignia, Philips, RCA, Sharp, TCL, and lots more. The steps to adding apps to Roku TVs are outlined below:
- Press the home button on your remote with a house-shaped icon
- proceed to select streaming channels, which will lead you to the Roku channel store
- Select the channel category
- Select the channel you desire to add
- Select add channel and then wait for the download and installation to complete
Adding Apps To Fire Edition Smart TVs
The procedure provided here will tackle the needs of enthusiasts who desire to add apps to their Smart TVs with built-in Amazon Fire TV. The steps are outlined below:
- Press the homepage button on your Amazon Fire TV remote and then proceed to select apps from the list provided
- Select the app category that is likely to have the app you are desire
- select the app you desire
- Finally, click on either
As earlier mentioned, I didn’t completely exhaust all the tutorials on how to add apps on all the different smart TVs in existence. However, most Smart TV platforms share a similar principle to adding apps. All you need do is search for the app store on the platform and then proceed to add the app. However, if you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.