Here’s how to borrow airtime or recharge credit from MTN NIgeria, Airtel, Glo & 9mobile (formerly Etisalat). You can use these latest USSD codes to get extra credit for urgent calls, quick airtime recharge and whenever you run out of data bundles.
To dig a little deep into the topic: Lets assume you’re in a call with a very important person, likely your boss, senior colleague or even a relation then your airtime gets exhausted, and there may not be an alternative source (recharge card store) to buy airtime, what are you going to do? Or you wish to send someone an urgent SMS but the airtime left on your mobile won’t be enough.
Well, don’t worry much. In this guide, you’ll see the latest USSD codes to borrow airtime from the top Telecom companies in Nigeria (MTN, 9Mobile, Airtel, and Glo).
Note: Before you can borrow or request for extra credit from any of these Network SP’s, you must be eligible for the service. And also, a service fee of 15% or 10% of the borrowed amount is charged for this transaction and will be deducted from the borrowed amount: i.e, if you borrow #50, the SP deducts 15% or 10% and offers you #42.5 or #45. The percentage deducted depends on your Service Provider.
Read on for codes to borrow recharge card or call time from the top telecom services providers in Nigeria.
How to Ask for extra Recharge Credit from MTN Nigeria
If you are an MTN subscriber, you can borrow airtime by following these steps below
- dial *606# from your phone dialer
- Check your eligibility by choosing the first option (1)
- If you are eligible to use the service, then redial the USSD code *606# and select the second option (2)
- The amount(s) which you are eligible to borrow will be displayed. So you just select the amount you want to borrow by inputting the numeric code beside it.
Borrowable amount starts from #50 to #1000; The amount(s) being displayed for you to borrow depends on how often you recharge your line.
How to borrow airtime from Airtel
Subscribers of Airtel are also allowed to ask for extra credit: follow the steps below to borrow airtime from Airtel Nigeria.
- Dial *500# from your phone dialer.
- Choose the first option to check your eligibility status
- When you check for eligibility and it replies that your line is eligible, input # then press send/ok and return to the main menu. Or, redial the USSD code and choose option (2)
- Select the amount you wish to borrow by typing the numeric code beside it.
How to Borrow Credit from 9Mobile
9Mobile, formerly Etisalat also allows its users to borrow airtime from them when stranded or in urgent situations. Follow the steps below to ask for extra credit from 9Mobile.
- From your phone dialer, dial *665#
- Check your eligibility status by choosing the third (3) option
- Redial the USSD code again and select the number one (1) option to borrow your eligible amount
How to request for extra credit from Glo Nigeria
Are you a Glo subscriber and you are out of airtime? don’t worry, the telecom SP allows you to borrow some amount of airtime to pay back on your next recharge. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Simply dial *321# from your phone dialer
- Follow the on-screen instructions to borrow your desired amount or use this format for quicker access; dial *321*amount#, i.e. *321*150# for N150 extra credit from GLO.
These are the current or latest USSD codes to borrow airtime or recharge card from Nigerian Telecommunication Service Providers (MTN, GLO, 9Mobile, and Airtel). Feel free to comment on this post if you need our help in any way.
Search recipes for this entry:
- Airtel borrow credit cheat
- Barrow airtime code for all nigerian network