- A computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network
protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange.
- The Internet is a global system of interconnected computer networks that use the standard Internet
Protocol Suite (TCP/IP) to serve billions of users worldwide.
- Any set of computer networks that communicate using the Internet Protocol. (An intranet.); The
Internet, the largest global internet.
- A worldwide system of interconnected networks and computers.
- The global computer network.
- An international network, consisting of independently managed networks using the TCP/IP protocols
and a shared naming system. A successor to the ARPAnet.
Intranet: A private network within an organization often protected from Internet traffic by a “firewall” (software that controls access from the outside).
THE TWO DEFINITION BELOW BEST DESCRIBES THE ACT OF BROWSING ON THE INTERNET
- Exploration of a body of information, based on the organization of the collections or
scanning lists, rather than by direct searching.
- Reading documents on the Internet.
chatting and downloading as internet and/or web browsing.
4. WEB 2.0
full-fledged computing platform serving Web applications.
5. WEB SERVER
files and printers as shared resources to a computer network.
- A web browser is a piece of computer software that you use to search for information on the Internet,
especially on the World Wide Web.
- A web browser is a software application for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information resources on the World Wide Web.
- A Browsing software that provides you with the means to view a web page. Without browser software, you would not be able to surf the Internet.
- A web browser is an application program which interprets HTML and presents the final Web page; used to
surf the World Wide Web.
- A web browser is a software application for retrieving, presenting, and traversing information
resources on the World Wide Web.
An information resource is identified by a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) and may be a web page, image, video,
or other piece of content.
Hyperlinks present in resources enable users to easily navigate their browsers to related resources, although browsers are primarily intended to access the World Wide Web, they can also be used to access information provided by Web servers in private networks or files in file systems.
Some browsers can be also used to save information resources to file systems.
HISTORY OF WEB BROWSERS
explosion in web use.
most popular browser, accounting for 90% of all web use at its peak.
by Mosaic), initiating the industry’s first browser war.
system market to take over the web browser market; Internet Explorer usage share peaked at over 95% by 2002.
entire browser market.
TYPES OF WEB BROWSERS
articles on web browsers and other web applications with their download link
can be found on our website here.
- Pidgin: all in one PC messenger and chatting application.
- Skype: PC free call and messaging application
- Orbit Downloader: A reliable pc download manager
- Gtalk: An instant messenger from Google™
- Yahoo Messenger: an instant messenger from yahoo
- Aim messenger: an instant messaging app from Aol
- Windows messenger: an instant messaging app from Microsoft Inc.
- Mozilla Thunderbird: A PC email client that works with all email server and services.
- Microsoft Outlook/Outlook express: A reliable email client from Microsoft Inc.
application to work perfectly, you need to have a working connection to the internet and must be configured properly following the developer’s instruction.
common acronyms/abbreviation related to/with internet browsing
Hyper-text transmission protocol, secure
transmission control protocol
service/domain name system
Research Project Agency Network
sockets layer/Synthesizer specification Language
KEYBOARD SHORTCUT FOR ALL WEB BROWSERS (tested with mozilla firefox 3.6.3)
highlights/activates the address bar
the menu bar
minimises all open window or program
keyboard browsing on (firefox only)
the current page/tab
the “save as” prompt
the page source
the bookmark manager
alphabet => activates the corresponding
the browser (ie: mozilla firefox, internet explorer, google chrome and etc.) on
the deskop or from the start menu else hold => windows logo+r =>type
firefox, chrome, iexplore => hit enter to lunch mozilla firefox, internet
explorer or google chrome respectively. When the browser is fully open press
f6/alt+d to activate the address bar, then type any address (website) of your choice and hit enter, this is usually
when you have an address (website) in mind or know the site you want to visit. Most
at times, the sites containing the information you are looking for may not be
known to you, in such cases you are provided with perfect tools that does the
work for you ie in form of search engines.
engines overtime stands to be a time-saving and effortless tool(s) for every
internet user; it differs among various users most of them are mostly used by
affiliate marketers and the like eg. www.cbengine.com
(click bank search engine) , www.amazon.com
and etc. Our focus will be on the
ever-reliable top five most used ones by all classes of persons.
can be retrieved using any of these search engines just => locate the search
bar => type in the key words of the information you are looking for =>
hit enter to begin search.
AN EMAIL ADDRESS
email address can be created using either Google™, aol, yahoo, Microsoft Inc
server and/or any other site(s), the type of email one should have depends on
what the email is to be used for, for most individuals free email address is
recommended while companies, churches, banks and organizations should consider
getting a paid email address. To create a free email address => go to www.gmail.com => click on create an
account/sign up => fill the form with the required information => verify
your account. N/b use country code when providing your mobile number eg.
+23470xxxxxxxx. For commercial or paid email address you will need a web
designer like me to host one for you (I can do this for free).
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
the first use you need to customize your email address to suit your taste, for
gmail users => go to www.gmail.com =>
put your username and password => click on sign in. When logged in you can
now navigate to various options, read mail by clicking on inbox, spam, send
mail by clicking on compose (here you can attach a document/file by clicking on
attach file) and many other features. To get help on any of the options click
on help and follow the on screen prompt.
leisure time is used participating in forum(s) and learning new things, forums
to join or participate in depends on ones field or area of interest, few among
many of the forum is listed here below:
in forum requires great wisdom and discipline to avoid being banned and/or
scammed by internet frauders.
FILES FROM THE INTERNET
overall safety of your pc while browsing may depend on the files/attachment you
download while browsing, it is best to download with discretion and wisdom to
ensure your security online. Downloading also is a data intensive action that
requires higher bandwidth than normal internet browsing.
manager(s) can be used to speed up download from the internet.
Read/Write in All Languages: This
is an easy to use tool provided by Google™ Inc. You can access this tool
by => go to http://www.translate.google.com
=> or search for Google translator => click on the first search
results => follow the on screen instruction.
Dictionary: This is an online English
dictionary provided for ease of use, to access this dictionary (a) =>
go to www.dictionary.google.com
=> type a word/phrase => wait
for result/definition (b) => go to www.dictionary.com => type a
word/phrase => wait for result/definition.
The ability to use the entire
shortcut provided above.