This is an interesting article written by a friend. Two months back, my friend’s mobile is stolen by someone.
He lost his Nokia N8. He didn’t know the IMEI number, the mobile is untraceable. So i am here to share the information about the IMEI.
What is IMEI Number?
IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity Number. It is 15 digit unique number of Cell Phone.
Usually the IMEI is number printed in the battery compartment. You can display the IMEI number by pressing *#06# in your Mobile phone.
IMEI number is identify the Mobile Device. It is used to deny the access of stolen mobile from accessing the Mobile services of a country. Using IMEI number we can trace the location of Mobile.
When a phone is switched on, the IMEI number is transmitted and checked against a database in the network’s EIR. The EIR has three categories namely the “white lists”, “grey lists” and “black lists”. if the IMEI number is in blacklist, the mobile can not use the mobile service.
Block the Mobile
When mobile is stolen, you can block the mobile from being used by thief using IMEI number. You have to contact your local operator and request to block your mobile. They will add your stolen IMEI number to the blacklist of IMEI numbers. So thief can not use the mobile.
You can trace the location of your mobile by using Global Positioning System(GPS). Contact your local operator for tracing.
The steps to track is by following this Online IMEI Number Tracking Website at http://www.trackimei.com. And report the Theft.
If your mobile is stolen, you can register with IMEI number in the above website. They will track your mobile phone and inform you.
You can register your IMEI number for safety purpose. This will be useful to track, when your mobile is stolen.
How to Track & Recover Your Stolen Phone without Using Track-IMEI Services
This part works for all popular smart phone from reputable brands. The only prerequisite is that – the smart phone must have been configured with your details prior to the theft.
For Android Devices
If you just lost/misplaced an Android phone that’s connected to one of your Google (gmail, YouTube, etc.) accounts, the best steps to attempt recovering it is as follows:-
- Quickly visit the “find my phone” page on PC or Mobile browser.
- Enter your gmail or Google account details.
- Use the ring option to see if the phone was actually stolen or misplaced somewhere close-by.
- Lock the phone with another password and a message telling the thief to call the number on the screen (you can even offer him a tangible reward).
- Engage the tracking option and other tools to help you recover the device.
For Apple iOS Devices
If the device in question is an iPad, iPhone, iPod or any other Apple iOS device, you can recover it by following these steps:-
- Login to your Apple iCloud account or install their “Find My iPhone” app on another smartphone.
- Select the find my lost phone page, and follow the prompts to complete other actions.
- You can also use the Lost Mode to remotely lock your device with a passcode, while displaying a custom message with your phone number on your missing device’s Lock screen, and keep track of the device’s location.
For Microsoft Windows Mobile Devices
You can use this method to recover your stolen/misplaced windows phone OS powered smart phone or device.
You just have to follow after the outlined methods above, but via their dedicated find my lost phone page here.
Once logged in, the page would display all your registered devices, you can then make use of the free tools to recover your stolen phone from the criminal.
If everything else fails, you can wipe the device so he does not have access to your private documents.
Recovering Stolen Phones via other Third-party Services
All Xiaomi MI, Samsung Galaxy and HTC devices comes with a special cloud service that requires you to create an account with them to use it.
Once there’s a valid account prior to the theft, you can login to your Samsung, Xiaomi MI, HTC and/or other brand’s account and use the find my phone option to track your stolen phone, tablets and other smart devices.
Most MTK brands such as Tecno, Infinix, iTel, Lenovo, Gionee, Meizu and etc. works seamlessly with third-party apps that lets you track and control your phone remotely.
As long as such apps (security, anti-theft, etc.) were active prior to the theft, you can actually get back your stolen phone with ease.
These are the trusted methods we are able to outline for today. We’ll update you from time to time as soon as better methods for recovering your stolen phone surfaces.
Feel free to share other surefire methods for recovering stolen phones by using the comment box. Remember to share this page with your friends that might find it useful.
Search recipes for this entry:
- how to track a stolen infinix phone
- how to track a stolen phone in nigeria
- how to track an infinix phone
- how to track infinix phone
- how to block a stolen infinix phone
- how to track a lost infinix phone
- how to track my infinix phone
- infinix tracker
- how to track a stolen phone
- find my infinix phone
- https://www obasimvilla com/is-your-phone-stolen-what-is-essence-of html
- how to track my lost infinix
- INFINIX TRACKING
- How to track my lost Infinix phone
- How To Trace A Lost Phone In Nigeria
- how to track my tecno pnone
- how to track my infinix note 3
- infinix phone tracking
- how to track stolen infinix phone
- Find my infinix