Day in day out I get complains from users about how quickly they exhaust their 1gb airtel bis android cheat data plan .
The complains comes mostly from tecno android phone users and few gionee , infinix and htc droid smart phone users .
To avoid explaining same thing to every user on request I have decided to create this easy tutorial .
Recently I have discussed on a blog post how you can make all downloads on your android phones through opera mini instead of the usual google play store so as to save data, as well as comprehensive 10 tips you can use to drastically reduce mobile phone 3g data plan usage to the barest minimum on Ipad , Iphone , Android phones / tabs , windows mobile and nokia s60v3 , v5 & v2 smartphones .
Now to switch off completely any form of data waste on your android as a student / low income earner all you need do is carefully follow all the tips already discussed above along with the automatic update tips I will be dropping below, I will also have to inform those of us who just started using the tecno n3 , n7 , t1 , t3, t5 , d3 , gionee android , infinix & etisalat gaga that this range of phones aren’t in any way different from other android phone brands .
Android is an open source operating system owned by google sourced from the popular linux operating system , So any phone , devices / hardware manufacturer can decide to use it ….. so when used the phone / devices automatically becomes an android device … I’m saying this so that you ‘ll just mention android to me next time you are contacting me instead of spelling out samsung galaxy , s11 , s111, samsung galaxy note , sony Ericsson experia 10 , tecno n7 etc. they are all powered by the google android operating system.
Now switching off automatic update of application / background program on your android phone simply open the market / google play store app from your phone home screen or menu , when opened click menu == hit settings and
1. Check the box that indicates ” update via wi-fi (wireless network ) only and
2. uncheck the box that indicates ” update application automatically “
when on almost zero data bundle left you can simply turn off the “background data ” to save more megabytes (mb) of data .
N/B: this is not limited to the airtel network as specified in this post , it works for both mtn , glo (globacomm) etisalat , multi-links and starcomms sim , usim , microsim and regular sim cards
Search recipes for this entry:
- how to stop application updates in techno
- tecno s9s non-stop downloads
- ho to prevent techno y3 from downloading and install apps on its own
- hot stop automatic application download in mi-500 android phone
- how can I airtel data to update app phone
- how can I control infinix Hot 4 from finishing bundles faster
- How can i prevent automatic switch on of data for a tecno m 3 phone
- how can i stop my infinx phone from downloading unnecessary apps
- How can i stop my tecno m3 data conection and wi-fi oning automatic
- how can i stop my tecno m3 from for downloading unwanted app
- gionee p4 auto download how can i stop
- gionee p2 wifi switching on by itself not going off
- background data on tecno m3
- why is my tecno s9 downloading app by its self
- can Techno OS be replaced with infinix OS and how to download it
- data bundle for m3
- disable auto start data gionee p2
- downloading uplications over wifi alone using infinix
- from where do I disable auto update from my tecno android phone
- gionee p2 system update mb