Apple’s newer iPhones do not feature home buttons and the functions of the physical buttons were changed too. It’s pretty complicated trying to turn off an iPhone XR or XS. Well, some people use their smartphones for up to a year or more without ever turning them off. But, if you own the iPhone XR, XS, and iPhone 11, the guide below will show you how to turn off your device if the need arises.
How To Turn Off An iPhone XR Smartphone
Unlike older models like the iPhone 8, 7, 6 Plus, and earlier ones, turning off your iPhone XR follows a different scenario.
- Press and hold either of the volume buttons and the side button until the power off slider appears.
- Now, drag the slider to the right, and wait for 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device seems to freeze at this point or seems unresponsive, force restart it.
- If you want to turn the device back on, press the same sets of buttons you used to turn it off.
Note: This procedure works for the following iPhone models: iPhone 11, XS, XR, and X.
Pressing only the side button won’t popup the “Power Off” screen, you must combine it by pressing down one of the volume buttons too. Now, talking about “Force Restarting” your frozen iPhone XR, below are the steps to do that:
- Press and quickly release the volume up button of your iPhone X device.
- Do the same with the volume down button
- Now, press and hold the side button
- The Apple logo would come on, when it does, release the button.
- Your device will be forced to restart.