Music videos can make or break your career as a content creator. To be on the list of the best creators, you need to know how to make music videos. Down below, I’ll teach you how to make a music video with iMovie and more. Stay till the end for bonus tips.
Method 1. Make Music Video with iMovie
Looking for user-friendly applications that will help you make music videos in no time? You’re looking in the right place. iMovie, a video editing tool is a good enough choice for you if you wish to make a music video. However, do keep in mind that this application works only for iOS users.
Without further ado, let’s check out the basic steps for how to make music videos with iMovie.
- First up, start the process by looking for the official iMovie application. You can easily find the official download link from their website. Find the link and download the application on your iPhone, iPod, or Mac, basically any iOS device.
- Once the application has been successfully installed on your device, you can then move on to launching it.
- Next up, once the application is successfully launched and open in front of you, the next thing to do is get to the music video creation. Here, on the app, you will have the choice to drag your desired song into iMovie. Once you have the song dragged, you can proceed by selecting the ‘clip trimmer’ option.
- Press the spacebar and the song will start playing. This is the time when you listen to it and press onto the M key. Doing this right in time as the beat goes on will give you the transition points you set.
- Next up, once the music has been sorted, the next step is to bring in the media for your music video. Drag in video clips or pictures from your camera roll and they will be synchronized to the music beats automatically.
- And there you have it! Save the music video to your camera roll and you’re good to go.
Method 2. Make Music Video with Filme
If you are an Android or Google user and don’t have access to any iOS device, you don’t have to make a music video with iMovie. For all such users, iMyFone Filme, one of the newest video editing software presented by iMyFone is an excellent choice for making music videos.
Filme is a video editor that both beginners and experts can use easily. It can speed up MP4 videos, has tons of filters and other editing tools as well.
Take a look down below to check out the steps you have to take to make a music video through Filme.
- First of all, to begin the process, make sure you have the application of iMyFone Filme installed on your Windows or iOS device. To avoid scams and other troubles, we suggest you download your copy from the official website.
- Secondly, once you have the application installed on your device, the next step you have to take is to import your video or clip from your gallery. When you import the video, it will be opened up in the video editor.
- Surely, for a music video, you will need music. Tap on the ‘Music’ button which is available right at the top of the application. When you do this, you will be taken to the library which is royalty-free. Select the song of your choice from the huge library and press the button that looks like a plus sign (+). Doing this will automatically add the song to your video clip.
- If you want to, you can select the song of your choice from your phone as well. Select the option for files and then choose import from there. Now, music from your device will be added to the library and you can add it to the video the same way you did in the previous step.
Tips for Making a Stunning Music Video
Here are some bonus tips for making a stunning or highly captivating music video easily:
A music video is no good if you don’t have the right kind of music in the background. This is why song selection is an important step and should not be hurried. Pick a song that truly resonates with your video. Make sure to keep copyright costs in mind to avoid legal trouble.
Shooting clips for your music video is another important area. Make sure that you carefully record each shot and do not hurry it up. Give yourself plenty of time to carry out filming as it is the main content in your music video. Get a friend to help you if need be.
Know your Audience
Even the best of music videos out there can be a flop if the creator doesn’t know their audience. Make sure to create content that is something your target audience can either relate with or has an interest in. This can increase both your views and shares.
Another tip for a stunning music video is to select the right editing tool. There are tons out there however make sure to keep your budgeting and editing needs before selecting a tool or investing in it.
Final Words: Music videos are the perfect way to send your message out in the world. Try Filme for excellent video editing features and you can have a professionally edited video.
Leave a Reply