The pandemic has dramatically changed our lives over the past year, it has also impacted the video marketing landscape in contrasting ways- while videos have become an essential tool for both marketers and consumers. The videos might be classified into various types depending on the content they cover (News, TV Shows, Educational and Documentary) and sentiment-based videos (Positive and Negative).
You might be a content creator or a hobbyist, videos are undoubtedly essential for you.
It’s not only for well-established streaming players and social media platforms that are seeing an increase in traction but relative newcomers such as Instagram Reels and TikTok feeding consumers’ desire for new content. Especially on platforms like Instagram and Youtube videos play a major role, as most of us make earnings from these platforms and we can’t afford to lose.
No matter how careful you are while working, sometimes your video files do get corrupted because of various reasons. This article covers what are the causes of video corruption and how to fix it.
The usual Indications of Video corruption
The potential for video files getting corrupted is getting incredibly high with cross-platform conversions and editing. Many Video content creators complain that it happens with them far too often. Many people lose their priceless memories because of file corruption issues. Below are some of the indications of video corruption.
- The video gets blurry or sluggish while playing
- Missing segments in the video or the video freezing
- Missing audio or video components or syncing issues between audio-video
- Video plays in slow or fast motion
- Codec or compression issues with the video
- The system gets crashed while playing the video
- The Media player doesn’t respond or detect the video
The Actual Culprits of Video Corruption
A tiny mistake in handling a video can lead you to a disaster like corruption due to various culprits for which a user can encounter video corruption. Some of them can be as follows:
- Virus or malware in the system
- Sudden Interruption during video editing, viewing, saving or uploading, etc.
- Storage devices with bad sectors
- Sudden power cut while working on videos on any device
- Physical damage of the storage media or scratches on DVDs
Remo Video Repair to the Rescue
Finding a perfect tool to fix it when the video is unable to play due to a corrupted file, can be a hectic job. But Remo Video repair software proves it otherwise, with its user-friendly interface, It helps you in recovering your files in just 3 clicks.
- You just need to select the File button and browse for the corrupt video file to be repaired
- Select the video file format and select a playable video file for reference to repair corrupted video files
- Click on the Repair button to start the corrupted or damaged video repair process and verify with the preview feature and save it to your desired location
Other than corruption, Remo Recover also fixes many video problems like QuickTime error, AVI index issue, videos flickering issues, etc.
Just in case if you have deleted the video and it’s very important, then Remo also offers another tool called Remo Recover. Remo Data Recovery is quite renowned and has a large user base.
Helpful Suggestions by the Saviour
If you want better results while repairing a video or avoid the corruption of the videos in the future, then follow these suggestions:
- Consider taking a backup of important video files in advance so that you won’t have to suffer from a crisis
- If the files are corrupted, take a copy of them, and then perform the repair operation
- Keep an anti-malware tool active and keep scanning the storage media to make sure the file won’t be infected by any virus
- Avoid tampering with the metadata or the header of the video while editing as even a slight change can make the file corrupt
- Try not to forcefully change the format or extension of the file manually. Most video converters available online can further harm your video. Choose your converter carefully
- Make sure that you are using a reliable video editing tool or media player to play a video
- Follow the right ways to handle the videos, like avoiding shutting down the system while the video is still playing or closing the media player unexpectedly
No matter how much one tries to keep files safe, they tend to get corrupted one or the other way. If you’re facing such scenarios where you want to repair files. Follow proper recommendations from the camera manufacturers and healthy routines while handling your videos.