Generally, PC gamers have two options when it comes to peripherals. Its either they game with their mouse and keyboard or they game with game controllers like the Xbox One controller. The fact that you chose to read this article, is a pointer to the fact that you have chosen to game with the Xbox One controller and desire to learn how to connect the Xbox One controller to your computer.
In this article, I will walk you through the steps needed to connect the Xbox One Controller to MAC and Windows PC.
How To Connect Xbox One Controller To MAC
The Apple Macintosh operating system may not have support for a wide range of games, but it does have support for game controllers and the Xbox One controller is one of such game controllers.
Despite having support for this controller, there is a shortcoming. It is impossible to wirelessly play games on MAC using the Xbox One controller. MAC users would have to rely solely on a wired connection after they must have successfully installed the 360 controller driver. The steps to connecting the Xbox One controller to MAC are listed below
- Download the Xbox One controller driver from here
- Connect the Xbox One Controller to your MAC computer using a USB cable
- Install the Xbox One Controller driver you downloaded
- Reboot your MAC computer when prompted. Make sure you save unsaved files before rebooting.
- Click the Apple menu button and then click system preferences
- Click the Xbox One controller Icon
- Configure the Xbox One controller to your taste.
How To Connect Xbox One Controller To PC
Unlike the Macintosh operating system, Windows lets you wirelessly connect the Xbox One controller. You can also opt for a wired connection if you do not desire a wireless connection. The steps to connect the Xbox One controller to your Windows PC using either of the methods are provided below:
How To Connect Xbox One Controller To PC Using The Xbox One Wireless Adapter
You can connect your Xbox One controller to your Windows PC with the help of the Xbox Wireless adapter. The steps are listed below:
- Connect the Wireless adapter to your windows PC via any of the USB ports and allow the needed drivers to automatically install
- Press the Xbox logo on your Xbox controller to power on the controller
- Press the power button on the wireless adapter
- Press the connect button on the Xbox One controller. This button is located near the USB port
- Observe if the Xbox logo on the Xbox One controller is blinking. This indicates its currently trying to connect the wireless adapter
- Wait for the connection to complete and begin using the controller on your PC.
How To Connect Xbox One Controller To PC Via USB
This method is pretty straight forward. All that is needed is a working USB cable and functioning Xbox One controller. The steps are listed below:
- Plug one end of the USB cable to the Xbox controller and the other end to your Windows PC
- Press the Xbox logo to power on the controller
- Begin playing your favorite games with the Xbox One controller.
Wrapping it Up:
Now that you have read through this article on how to connect the Xbox One controller to MAC and PC. It left for you to choose the method that suits you the best. If you have questions as regards any of the tutorials provided in this article, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.