There is this joy that goes along with watching movies with friends and family. You basically get to make comments on scenes and also capture their expressions as the movie is being played. However, you certainly can’t always be with friends and family. This is where Netflix’s provision comes into play. In this article, we shall explore a tutorial on how to host a Netflix party (Teleparty) to watch movies and TV shows with friends and family.
Netflix’s host party system is basically a provision that lets you remotely watch movies with your friends and family. Being the host, hitting pause, play and other movie commands will take effect on players of the other members in the watch party, which sort of creates this feeling you are together with the rest.
Aside from making effects that affect others, there is also a comment section that lets members drop their reactions as things unfold. Putting all the pieces together, re-affirms what was discussed on how it’s a remote system to watch movies with friends and family. However, before you can enjoy this package, there are some requirements you must meet.
- Members to be invited must have an active Netflix subscription
- They are required to install the Netflix Teleparty plugin on their Google Chrome browser
How To Download and Install The Netflix Teleparty (Netflix Party) Extention For Google Chrome
Ideally, the Teleparty plugin should be available as an extension on browsers. However, this extension was only available on Google Chrome at the time this article was written. So it is mandatory for both the host and participant to have chrome browsers on their computers. Below are the steps to get the Netflix Teleparty extension on chrome.
1. Visit netflixparty.com in your Google Chrome browser.
2. Click on the button that reads – Get Netflix Party for free.
3. You’ll be redirected to the Google Chrome web store page to download the extension. Click on the small button that reads – Add to Chrome.
4. A pop-up box will open. Select Add Extension. You’ll now see a grey NP icon in your browser toolbar.
5. Pin the Teleparty plugin to your toolbar
How To Download The Netflix Teleparty Google Chrome extension
After everyone has logged in to Netflix on their computers, they’ll need to download the Netflix Party extension. Here’s how.
1. Type www.netflixparty.com in the address bar of your chrome browser and hit enter.
2. Click Get Netflix TeleParty for free once the webpage loads.
3. Having being redirected to the Chome extension store, you’re required to Click Add to Chrome.
4. Finally Select the Add Extension when it pops up on your screen.
How To Go About Hosting A Netflix Teleparty
Having met the requirements stated above, including having the Teleparty plugin in place, the next step will be to host the watch party. The steps are pretty simple. They are outlined below for your reference:
1. Logon to your Netflix account using your Google Chrome browser
2. Select the movie or show you desire to watch along with your friends and family
4. At this point the Teleparty extension is expected to have changed from grey to red. You are to proceed to click on the icon and also selecting “Start party”
5. Finally copy the URL that will be provided in a pop-up box. You are to send the URL to people you want to join the watch party
There you have it – you have just been served with a comprehensive tutorial on how to host a Netflix party (Teleparty) to watch movies/shows with friends or family. Please note that it isn’t the same thing as sharing your Netflix account. Every individual is expected to have their own Netflix subscription. You could also share your subscription with them, to enable them to join the Teleparty.
What’s your take on this? Share your views in the comment section below.
Leave a Reply