For a limited time, you can apply for the 2021/2022 Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) MasterCard Foundation Fully Funded Scholars Program that’s opened for young Africans. The application is fully opened and would run until the Application Deadline Date, which is – MAY 31st, 2021.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (MCFSP at KNUST) provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality university education. The Program offers an opportunity for its scholars to receive holistic training that empowers them to be change leaders. The Scholars Program embodies an array of services including mentorship, cultural transition, etc. that will lead to the scholar’s academic success, community engagement, and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
For the 2021/2022 Academic year:
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. The applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Priority shall be given to;
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, etc.)
- Persons with Disability
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- The Applicant must not be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
The Scholarship package includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance, and a monthly stipend).
- Counseling Support Services
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others)
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services, and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back),
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
How to Apply For KNUST 2021/2022 Fully Funded Scholars Program:
To apply for the 2021/2022 edition of Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) MasterCard Foundation Fully Funded Scholars Program that’s currently on-going, and open till 31st May 2021, simply complete the two steps below:
- Download a copy of the 2021/2022 application form from this URL.
- Submit the completed application form through EMS, DHL, or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
Recall that the 2021 APPLICATION DEADLINE IS: ON OR BEFORE MONDAY, MAY 31st, 2021!!
Note for International Applicants:
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents;
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for Both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the MCFSP at KNUST Secretariat.
- Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice-Chancellor of KNUST.
- Verification of All examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of Successful applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Also note that:
- There are absolutely No Charges/ Fees/ Facilitation/ Agents or Intermediaries Required at any stage of this process.
- Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to disqualification and a recommendation for dismissal.
- The decisions of the Selection Committee, also constituted by the Vice-Chancellor, are Final.
- Telephone numbers, Skype IDs and email addresses provided by applicants should be Active at all times to receive critical information on their application.
- For further inquiry and assistance on how to apply, please contact the Secretariat on +233-206-030-790, +233-3220-62975, or send an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] or [email@example.com].
- Applicants shall not contact the Secretariat under any circumstances on the status of their application. The Secretariat would inform and contact applicants when necessary.
- All Applicants must apply to KNUST for undergraduate admission in order to be considered for the scholarship.
For additional information, tips, timeline, etc, kindly visit the Official Website of the 2021/2022 KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program by clicking here.
Boateng Gabriel says
Please what is the requirements for getting a scholarship to aerospace engineering . I’m Ghanaian