Having solid driver updater software on your PC is one good practice to ensure your computer drivers are continually up to date. An outdated driver can cause many abnormalities such as – device cracking audio, slow browsing, and frequent freezing which can lead to system internal faults.
To help keep your PC organized and in good shape, here is my list of the 7 best driver booster software for windows.
Why a Driver Booster Software?
Installing all drivers manually consumes so much time, hence, the need to opt for a driver updater app. The driver booster makes the process of installing and updating obsolete drivers fast and super handy; thereby, keeping the system device always up to date.
Another good reason to opt for a driver updater instead of the manual route is to avoid installing the wrong drivers. This is because legit driver boosters check the OEMs for the correct drivers that are most compatible with your current operating system.
Lastly, using the default driver update utility from Microsoft is mostly limited as it hardly updates newer third-party drivers that are easily updated by these driver updater tools.
Come along with me as I walk you through the top 7 best driver updater software to help keep your PC optimized and updated at all times:
1. Snappy Driver Installer
One of the best free-to-use tools for system driver updating is Snappy Driver Installer as SDI for Windows. It stores data and accesses them with no internet connection. Unlike other driver updating tools, the downloading runs through the software without you using the internet to update the discovered driver.
The Snappy Driver Installer software also runs without annoying ads and can download limitless drivers all at once. It runs on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, window vista, Windows XP, and Windows 11. Snappy Driver Installer relieves you of the stress that comes with system malfunctioning and keeps your device working as they’re supposed.
- It’s ads-free
- Fully compatible with all Windows versions
- Works without a steady internet connection
- Quick to function
- Download directly from the software
- Install offline
- It’s completely ad-free
- Does not have the auto-schedule option
2. Driver Easy
Updating your PC drivers is so much easier with Driver Easy software. Just as it’s called, it boosts PC drivers by keeping them up to date. This is the more reason I will recommend this driver software to even a novice. It downloads all the driver’s directly from the OEM software directories.
Driver Easy driver updater automatically fixes Windows driver faults with the powerful built-in toolkit. Downloading drivers, backup, and restoring files with no difficulties.
This is a nice software to use for your updating your PC drivers.
- It supports the scheduled time option
- Searches recent updates for the most optimal driver for your PC
- Packed with a built-in toolkit to deeply diagnose installed drivers for updates/stability.
- Easy scanning
- supports all windows versions
- Update drivers with the most compatible software
- Frequent remainder for upgrade
- Limited features with the free version
- No option for bulk download
- Slow to updater drivers
3. IObit Driver booster
Iobit booster was founded in 2004. This software provides innovative system utility and security for better and faster PC performance.
With the built-in tools to diagnose and troubleshoot the affected driver error to immediately the fix windows issues like, frequent system crashing, freezing, network, sound failure, hardware, and more.
But the software offers a limited task with the free version options, I recommend the pro version at $22.95 for a year available for 3 systems to enjoy the best functions available with this software
This driver updater easily free-up junk files that affect the system’s functioning to improve the system. The option to update automatically takes action with the scheduled to-run date and time, also restores the outdated drivers, and keeps your files secure.
- Lets you update all PC drivers automatically.
- Has a built-in tool to check for system faults.
- Has support for multiple languages.
- Offers an offline update option.
- lt easy to use
- Performs update very fast
- Restores before updating
- Update while working
- Only supports windows
- Limited service with the free version
4. Driver Pack
Driver pack user interface is more simple compared to the other system driver updaters. With just a few clicks on the switches to display the functions which are easy to understand, these functions also work offline without an internet connection.
This driver booster makes updating and installing new drivers easier, and the user guide is very friendly to understand once downloaded and installed, available in different language options, and has a more built-in toolkit to update outdated drivers.
Driver pack is another great system software to consider to improve your PC driver.
- It very portable
- Creates a usable system restore point
- Has a built-in Notifier
- Very easy to understand
- Supports offline installation
- Has multiple language options
- Easy for a novice to use
- Slow to download
5. Avast Driver
Avast Driver keeps checks of all your system driver to update without it running out of version. It scans more than 4 million drivers and restores them for better system performance.
This driver software diagnoses to find out driver errors, with the software anti-virus solution built-in to update the driver.
Avast Driver updater is fully free, to use the free version visit the official website to download it and upgrade to the paid version to enjoy more features. It will detect outdated drivers or drivers that are no longer supported by your OS, and protect your PC drivers completely from freezing frequently.
- An in-built antivirus solution
- Automatic diagnosis
- Has support for all windows versions
- It increases system performance
- Automatic update
- User friendly
- File size not displayed
- The free version is very much limited
6. AVG Driver Updater
AVG Driver Updater for windows is a driver booster software that easily fixes PC driver issues pragmatically. The software scans through millions of drivers on your PC for corrupt, outdated, and unsupported drivers.
The software updates the outdated driver from the latest main brand.
- Built-in tools for fixing driver errors
- Scan for outdated drivers and fixes them automatically
- Improves performance
- Supports free scanning
- Option for the automatic update is available
- Could be too pricey compared to most tools with similar functions
7. System Mechanic
When it comes to solving recurring challenges like system freezing, slow PC performance, and all, the System mechanic app is a good option to consider. It helps improve your driver’s performance, it has multiple functions to keep the system running.
System Mechanic driver updater boosts the window drivers and keeps updating with the current driver, with special features to also fix any detected errors, so your PC is safe and secured.
- protect your device from unwanted drivers
- Scan and fix issues automatically
- clears up multiple junks
- Has built-in tools to repair corrupted registry entries
- Fix windows errors
- Well-secured to protect drivers
- Block unwanted drivers
- simple to work with
- Built-in tools complicated in some window version
- The free version is extremely limited