Are you looking for an easy way to program your RCA universal remote? Look no further! This blog post will provide you with a comprehensive list of all the RCA universal remote codes and a step-by-step guide on how to program them.
With this information, you will be able to easily access any device that you want with the press of a few buttons. So what are you waiting for? Read on to find out everything you need to know about programming your RCA universal remote!
How To Program Your RCA Universal Remote
Programming your RCA universal remote is relatively simple and can be done in just a few steps.
- Start by turning on the device you wish to program, then locate the “Code Search” button on your remote. It is typically marked with a magnifying glass icon or other icon indicating it’s a search function.
- Once you have located the “Code Search” button, press and hold it until the indicator light turns on.
- Next, you will need to enter the code for your device. You can find this code in the manual that came with your remote or online by searching for your device model number.
- Once you have entered the code, press the “Enter” button to save it. The indicator light should blink twice and then turn off, indicating that the code has been accepted.
- Finally, test the buttons on your remote to make sure that they all work properly. If some of them don’t, repeat the process starting from step one and make sure that you enter the correct code for your device.
That’s it! You should now be able to control your device with your RCA universal remote. If you ever need to reprogram it, just follow these same steps and enter the appropriate code for your device.
If you need to program your RCA universal remote for a VCR, the following codes will help you get started. You may need to use trial and error to find the right one for your device, as not all codes will work with every device.
The first step is to turn on your VCR and have it ready to accept the remote commands.
Once the VCR is on, press and hold the “Setup” button until the light at the top of the remote flashes twice. Then, enter the three-digit code listed below using the number buttons at the top of the remote.
- Admiral – 002
- Akai – 046, 051
- Bell & Howell – 513
- Broksonic – 517
- Citizen – 519
- Curtis Mathis – 456
- Emerson – 004, 454, 458, 465, 514, 518
- Funai – 516
- Go Video – 417
- Hitachi – 016, 049, 097
- JVC – 073, 074, 075, 076
- Magnavox – 017, 018, 022, 502
- Mitsubishi – 019, 020, 021, 026, 027
- Panasonic – 003, 005, 023, 024, 028
- Philips/Magnavox – 001, 050
- Pioneer – 013, 029
- Samsung – 015, 011
- Sanyo – 009, 012, 500
- Sharp – 505, 506
- Sony – 006, 007, 008, 010
- Sylvania – 501
- Toshiba – 503
- Zenith – 515
Once you’ve entered the code and it is accepted by your VCR, your remote should now be able to control the VCR functions. If you can’t find the right code or if it doesn’t seem to be working properly, try going through each of the codes until you find one that works for you.
Cable And Satellite Codes
Having a universal remote is great for managing all your devices in one easy-to-use remote. Programming your RCA Universal Remote to control your Cable or Satellite box is a simple process. Below is a list of the codes for most major cable and satellite providers.
0476, 0416, 0476, 0009, 0051, 0039, 0093, 0102
For Dish Network:
- 0060, 0151, 0180, 0212, 0386, 0413, 0463
- 00315, 01982, 02250, 02361, 02437
For AT&T U-verse:
- 0003, 0135, 0402, 1256
For Bell ExpressVu (Canada):
- 0891, 0923, 0456, 0247
For Shaw Direct (Canada):
- 0812, 0814, 0815, 0817
For Virgin Media (UK):
- 0048, 0154, 0227
To program your RCA universal remote to control your Cable or Satellite box:
- Turn on the device you want to control.
- Press and hold the “Setup” button until the “Select” light flashes twice.
- Enter the appropriate three-digit code for your Cable or Satellite box.
- The “Select” light will flash twice to confirm the code is stored.
- Point the remote at the device and press and release the “Power” button. If the device turns off then it has been programmed successfully. If not repeat steps 2-4 using different codes until the device responds.
When it comes to controlling all of your digital devices, programming a DVR code into your RCA universal remote is key. With the proper DVR codes, you’ll be able to access the full range of features and functions available on your digital video recorder. Here are some popular DVR codes for your RCA universal remote:
- Sony DVR: 623, 684, 645, 662, and 810
- Mitsubishi DVR: 707, 513, 741, and 867
- Hitachi DVR: 591, 877, and 511
- Toshiba DVR: 763, 520, and 574
- Magnavox DVR: 648, 502, and 806
- Panasonic DVR: 890, 824, 803, and 442
Once you’ve got the right codes for your particular device, programming your RCA universal remote is simple. Just follow the instructions in the user manual and you’ll be controlling your digital video recorder in no time.
For those of you with high-definition television, you will be pleased to know that RCA also offers codes specifically designed for your HDTV. Below is a list of common HDTV codes that can be used with RCA universal remotes.
- Toshiba: 10178, 10812, 11756
- Insignia: 10171, 10812, 11756
- LG: 10178, 10812, 11756
- Sharp: 10093, 10812, 11756
- Philips: 10002, 10812, 11756
- Samsung: 10017, 10812, 11756
- JVC: 10812, 11756
- Sylvania: 10812, 11756
- Panasonic: 10812, 11756
- RCA: 10060, 10812, 11756
Once you have the correct code entered into your remote, you may need to press the TV button again to complete the programming process. Be sure to consult the user manual of your television to determine which code best fits the make and model of your HDTV.
The first step in programming your RCA universal remote is to find the correct codes for your television. Below, you will find a comprehensive list of RCA universal remote codes for televisions:
Once you have found the correct code for your television, you are ready to program your RCA universal remote. To begin, press and hold the “SETUP” button until the red indicator light stays on.
Next, press and release the TV button at the top of your remote. Then, enter the 3-digit code that corresponds with your television using the number keys on your remote. If successful, the red indicator light will blink twice. To finish programming, press and release the “POWER” button. Your RCA universal remote should now control your TV.
RCA universal remote codes for DVD players are usually four-digit codes that can be used to program most DVD players from any brand. When programming your RCA universal remote, you’ll need to first make sure you have the correct code for your DVD player.
Once you have the code, follow these steps to program your RCA universal remote:
- Press and hold down the SETUP button until the red light at the top of your remote blinks twice.
- Enter the code for your DVD player using the number buttons on the remote.
- Once you have entered the code, press the POWER button to test if it works. If it doesn’t work, try again with a different code.
If you are still having trouble finding the right code, you can always consult the user manual of your DVD player or contact the manufacturer’s customer service line for assistance.
Auxiliary Component Codes
If you have an auxiliary component such as a Blu-ray player or game console connected to your television, you can use the RCA universal remote to control these devices as well. To get started, you’ll need to find the appropriate code for your device and enter it into the remote.
To find the code, open the RCA universal remote manual and look up the 4-digit code for your device. If you don’t know what type of device it is, look for the manufacturer’s name on the back of the device. Once you have the code, press and hold down the Setup button until the light at the top of the remote turns on.
Enter the code using the number buttons on the remote. Once the code is entered correctly, test out the power, volume, channel, and other functions to see if they work correctly. If some of the buttons don’t work, try another code for your device until you find one that works.
Once your auxiliary device is programmed into the RCA universal remote, you can use it to control all its functions without having to switch remotes. Now you can enjoy all your devices from the comfort of your couch!
When it comes to miscellaneous codes, the RCA universal remote can be used to control various devices such as a digital converter box, DVD player, VCR, CD player, and much more. These codes will enable you to access a variety of features on these types of devices.
For example, if you have a DVD player, you can use the codes to access the options menu, audio and video settings, and more. If you have a VCR, you can use the codes to rewind, fast forward, pause, and more.
If you have a digital converter box, you can use the codes to access the guide, parental controls, and other features. Similarly, you can use the codes for your CD player to control playback speed, skip tracks, and more.
In addition to the abovementioned devices, you can also use the codes to control a variety of other electronic components such as an amplifier, audio mixer, or home theater system. The possibilities are virtually endless!